It was a year ago when I first discovered the global phenomenon Olaplex. While it’s relatively new to Malaysia, it’s HUGE in the U.S. where Hollywood celebrities and musicians like Jennifer Lawrence, Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Lopez, and The Kardashians have turned it into THE ‘insurance’ against dry, lifeless, and damaged hair. If you follow my channel, you’ll know that I go to the best hair salon in Kuala Lumpur Toni & Guy Troika and the team there uses it for many of their colouring and highlights clients. It reconnects bonds in the hair and gives it a shiny and healthy sheen previously impossible to get without a spray or product.
My ends feel so thick and healthy, I’ll never go back to plain highlights again. I talk about it in each of the videos I’m shooting that track my damaged hair repair at Toni&Guy KL. You can see all the breakage and hair loss I had when I first visited T&G … then follow along every 2 months as I track my progress in this YouTube playlist.
Honestly, Olaplex is amazing. My hair always has more gloss now than it did, which is crazy given the chemical processes I put it through every 7 weeks at Toni & Guy Kuala Lumpur at Troika. It feels soft, bouncy, and healthy. The price is well worth it for the amazing boost in quality you’ll feel with highlights (sorry, that’s only point of reference I can give although I’m sure the full colour treatments are just as fab).
How Olaplex Works
It’s a 3 step process invented by scientists to work on a molecular level with the hair. According to the Olaplex website it, ‘seeks out broken bonds in the hair that are caused by chemical, thermal, and mechanical damage and restores compromised hair’.
- Step 1 Bond Multiplier – this is a concentrate added to the colour to rebuild broken bonds strand by strand and begins the process of preventing damage and repairing hair. The cool thing is that this can be added to any brand of colour, which in the case of Toni&Guy Kuala Lumpur at Troika is L’Oréal.
- Step 2 Bond Perfector – this step takes place once the colour is rinsed from the hair at the shampoo and conditioning stage. They say it is to restore any missed broken bonds and ensures the healthiest, shiniest, and strongest hair possible following a chemical or thermal treatment.
- Step 3 Hair Perfector – this last step is done at home as an ongoing regime to protect the hair.
Contact Toni&Guy Kuala Lumpur
The salon is very pretty and with a bit of British flair in the décor. You’ll be in for a very pampering experience there. The salon even has a very skilled nails gal named Annie and you can add on a mani / pedi for just 100 Ringgits. I’ve gone to her 5 or 6 times now, she has serious mad skills.
- To make an appointment, send a message on their Facebook page, shoot them an email at [email protected], or simply ring them up on +60 03 2168 8802
- Be sure to follow their Instagram account for a bit of hair inspiration