I knew I was in trouble when I was told that afternoon tea at The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur featured 39 unique blends of teas – one of them only available at The Ritz in KL! Honestly, how does one decide which tea to sip when the selection is so beautifully mixed? Well, why sip just one when I could be naughty and try four? So I did. That, and indulge in an awe-inspiring selection of savoury and sweet treats that turned this High Tea into the highlight of my week!
I’ve reviewed several of the top ‘high teas’ in Kuala Lumpur and for me, The Ritz is the BEST afternoon tea in the city!
Why You’ll Love Afternoon Tea at The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur
- The food is to-die-for delicious. I don’t have a single complaint or even note from my visit, it was all perfect
- A quartet in white tuxedo jackets plays the prettiest music you can imagine – from iconic 50s love songs to popular songs playing on the radio today. Think Breakfast At Tiffany’s meets Taylor Swift. They made the ambiance perfectly magical
- Their exclusive tea blend is named ‘The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur Blend’ and it is a mix of Chinese Tie Kuan Ying (tea served to royalty since the Tang dynasty) and green Oolong that is smooth and creamy, and smells of white flowers to me. I loved it!
- They serve fruit infusions for those looking to avoid the caffeine kick
TIP for Vegetarians (or anyone with special dietary needs): You will LOVE their VIP service! Call 2 days prior to your visit and the chef will create a personalised afternoon tea menu just for you.
What To Expect
If the possibility of 39 wonderful blends of tea didn’t convince you already, then their wonderful, traditional high tea culinary delights should! From the lovely amuse-bouche that is served to open your palette for what’s to come to the rest of the decadent tea serving … it is absolute perfection.
Here’s what you’ll enjoy:
- Teapots served atop individually heated pedestals with lovely, ornate strainers to ensure your teacup is never bothered by loose leaves. Unlike other afternoon teas, each pot is brewed in traditional style, with the leaves loose in your pot.
- 6 pastries that the patisserie chef hand-selects daily
- 3 cold finger sandwiches
- 3 warm savoury treats. For me it was salmon quiche, chicken pie, and a hot salami sandwich (they asked if I preferred chicken or beef, and I was told that if you are vegetarian they offer an alternate selection altogether)
- To round out the afternoon … a selection of perfectly baked scones is served last with three homemade jams. YUM!!!!
The Venue – Lobby Lounge
The Lobby Lounge is cosy and inviting, as it was intended to be. It’s partly centred around the magnificent chandelier that presides over the main lobby below. You’ll find tables for two that are perfect for romance or a meet up with a friend, cosy sofas, and larger tables with cushy chairs for larger groups.
My Other Ritz KL Reviews
Afternoon Tea Details & Contact Info
Here is all the info you need for The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur’s Afternoon Tea:
- Every day from 15:00 – 18:00
- Cost is MYR 80 on the weekend -OR- weekdays the price is RM80 per couple, it’s fabulous!
- Located at 168 Jalan Imbi in Kuala Lumpur, 55100
>> head up the escalators as you walk into the hotel, Lobby Lounge is on the 1st floor
- Call ahead to make a reservation on +60 3 2142 8000, especially on public holidays, Saturday and Sunday when they are very busy
© 2016, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.