Smooth jazz, perfectly chilled Champagne, and not a hint of breakfast food! The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur Sunday Roast is brunch at its best, and most definitely a treat for your palette. They’ve re-created the traditional roast perfectly and added in a few surprises and I can’t wait to go back for more.
Honestly, it was a wonderful change to enjoy a brunch that has a strong personal identity. No waffles or donuts and definitely no egg, kid or around-the-world food stations. It’s a grown-up brunch with a focus on seafood and European treats and it’s fabulous.
Come with me for a personal tour and a sneak-peek at the food and drinks:
Eat & Drink
While a traditional English Sunday roast is the theme of The Library’s brunch, I found so much more to tempt me into ‘one more bite’ … more times than I am comfortable admitting. The funny thing is though, most of what the chef has prepared is so healthy that I didn’t leave feeling too terribly guilty, which was a nice change.
- The brut bubbles! Delicious, from la maison de Champagne Canard-Duchêne
- New Jersey oysters that are tender and flavourful, with all the traditional accompaniments plus three fresh sauces to mix it up
- Sunday Roast with fresh Yorkshire pudding that took me back to the UK in one bite!
- A cheese cart that I can’t stop thinking about (I’m pretty coo coo for fromage and their selection was the best I’ve seen in ages)
- Healthy salads that balanced out the wonderful debauchery of all the tasty and delicious pastries, cakes, and naughty desserts
My only complaint was that the mussels and seared ahi didn’t seem as fresh as what I expected.
Sunday Roast in The Library
The Library is a lovely space that is cosy and inviting and a joy to spend time in. The seats are so comfortable I could have stayed there comfortably and happy for oodles of hours. They use touches of colour and simple floral arrangements to add to the homey feel of the room. I absolutely love it.
TIP: Ask for a love seat table inside the actual library area of the The Library. It is intimate and cozy. You’ll love it!
Brunch Details & Contact Info
Here is all the info you need for The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur’s Champagne Sunday Roast Brunch:
- Every Sunday from 12:00 – 15:00
- Cost is MYR 398 (or MYR 198 without bubbles ‘n libations)
- Located at 168 Jalan Imbi in Kuala Lumpur, 55100
>> head up the escalators as you walk into the hotel, The Library is on the 1st floor
- Call ahead to make a reservation on +60 3 2142 8000
© 2016, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.
For more, check out the About Me page.