The stunning Island Shangri-La, Hong Kong has once again been named one of the ‘Top 40 Hotels in China’ by Condé Nast Traveler (USA, 2012 – 2015), and it’s easy to see why. To start, Summer Palace has 2 Michelin Stars and is acclaimed to be the best restaurant Hong Kong has to offer. Then from the moment you walk through the doors, you’ll feel like you’ve stepped back to a time of regal grandeur. Chandeliers with delicate crystal teardrops and white and green marble floors welcome guests to the hotel, around the 140-year-old banyan tree that the property was built around. Oh, and don’t forget the awe-inspiring 16-story silk painting of a Chinese landscape that captivates each guest from almost every floor … aptly named the Great Motherland of China and said to be the largest silk landscape in the world.
Built on impressively prime real estate in the heart of Central, the Island Shangri-La, Hong Kong is nestled up to some of the city’s most sought after shopping and business action. The hotel spans 56 floors and offers guests 531 well appointed rooms, including 34 of Hong Kong’s largest suites.
- Iconic – and absolutely memorable – views of Victoria Harbour, the city, and the Peak
- Rooms are appointed with European furnishings yet decorated with an Asian flair
- Located next to Pacific Place shopping mall and the Admiralty MTR Station, and just a short walk to Hong Kong Park, the Peak Tram Station and the ever popular Soho and Lan Kwai Fong districts
Who Should Stay:
- With a Two Michelin Star restaurant it’s a fabulous destination for foodies
- Ideal for business travellers because of its location
- Perfect for weddings because the views from the roof garden are truly romantic
- With handsome board rooms and stunning ballrooms and halls this hotel is great for events … and attendees at on-site meetings, conferences, and expos will love it as a convenient home base
Food & Drinks
You know you’re in good hands when a hotel offers guests a restaurant with Two Michelin Stars … and that is exactly what the Island Shangri-La, Hong Kong hotel does! Along with an ample 24-hour room service menu, including a great wine and Champers menu, they also offer guests eight other ways to explore their foodie side whilst visiting Hong Kong.
- All-day Dining Cafe
- Michelin Two-star Chinese Restaurant
- French Fine dining Restaurant
- Seafood and Grill Restaurant and Bar
- Japanese Restaurant
- Poolside Thai Restaurant
- Lobby Lounge
- Pastry Shop
Don’t forget to ask guest services to call ahead for you and book a table next to the window for you. Hong Kong is a beautiful city and you should have the most magnificent view of it possible at each meal!
Health & Leisure
If you’re looking to stay in shape or recharge your battery during your stay at Island Shangri-La, Hong Kong then you’re in luck. The hotel offers guests a health club along with a swimming pool and a range of other professional services … all conveniently located on level 8.
Here’s what you can explore on the wellness floor:
- Experiential shower
- Indoor and outdoor Jacuzzi
- Massage & beauty treatments
- Sauna and steam rooms
- Swimming pool
If you are looking for a hotel that is located in downtown Central, close to all the action but where you can escape from the mayhem … someplace with exquisite views and decadent foodie experiences (including the 2 Michelin star Summer Palace acclaimed to be the best restaurant Hong Kong has to offer!) … then look no further than the 5-star Island Shangri-La, Hong Kong hotel.
Follow them on Facebook.
For more information or to make a reservation visit their website.
© 2015, Angela Carson and AngelasAsia.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.