In the spirit of full disclosure, I normally go into my 4-star stays with a slightly different mindset than I do at a 5-star hotel but I was wasting all effort and time on this when it came to the Impiana KLCC. Not only did that property surprise me but it delivered a luxury experience that in many ways is hard to beat. From their Club VIP check-in service with a gorgeous view of Petronas Towers and the heart of downtown Kuala Lumpur, to the wonderful fine dining at Cedar on 15 and their fab amenities, I loved it all. Impiana KLCC is also the first hotel in years where I stayed on a ladies only floor (where no male staff are allowed unaccompanied), making their Orchid Floor a perfect place for solo female travellers who enjoy a little extra girly pampering!
Why You’ll Love Impiana KLCC
- Decadently large rooms! That extra space gives the hotel that added feeling of luxury … because we all know in Asia that space is a precious, luxury item!
- The Club rooms and lounge! Impiana is currently home to my 2nd favourite Club lounge in KL and the only 4-star to make my list. It’s large, the selection of food and beverages is extensive enough to be interesting day after day, and it is staffed with a really helpful team.
- Swasana Spa! With treatment rooms set up as over-water cabanas, you’ll feel like you’ve escaped to paradise each time you enter.
- Cedar on 15! I ate the best deconstructed caprese salad of my LIFE there. The food is inventive and fresh and prepared by a passionate and skilled team.
Orchid Floor for Ladies Only
Fancy melting into a bath with aromatic salts and a glass of wine, then soothing your skin with Molton Brown body lotion and slipping into a girly floral bathrobe with your hair pinned up and feeling relaxed? Well, that’s exactly what awaits you in the rooms on the ladies-only Orchid Floor of Impiana KLCC. Here are a few other fun treats that the team leaves for us in this truly special Club-level room:
- Lovely bag filled with everything from hair clips, hair ties, hair brush, ‘lady time’ products, stockings, knickers, and more!
- Fabulous Molton Brown bath amenities
- Yoga mat and exercise ball
- Floral and heart patterned satin robes
VIP check-in and check-out, comfy sofas, a business centre, cool round conference rooms, and a chilled place to enjoy brekkie awaits you at Impiana’s Club Lounge. It has all the typical Club traditions like afternoon tea and happy hour, with fun perks like a fabulous cheese platter and one of the yummiest desserts during happy hour that I’ve ever had in a Club Lounge. It’s big and yet cosy, and it’s a perfect spot for a business meeting or a romantic interlude to rehash the fun you had earlier exploring KL.
Cedar on 15
Holy COW did I enjoy my meal at Cedar on 15! Unfortunately, I didn’t try the restaurant until my last night there and boy-oh-boy did I regret that choice. They serve a top quality offering of modern fine dining with a twist. The deconstructed ensalada caprese that I mentioned above really was marvellous. Instead of tomatoes, basil, buffalo mozzarella and balsamic and olive oil … they created a balsamic jelly tube, stuffed it with burrata laid atop pesto … with tomato and salad on the side. It was INSANE!!!! And so so so yummy. I still think about it every once in a while, so I know I will return soon for another delicious dinner.
The wine selection is fab, the food is wonderful, and the service is attentive and welcoming.
Stepping over water to enter a treatment room for some reason feels quite magical and relaxing. And that’s before you walk in and see how tranquil it is, before you smell the intoxicating aroma of the oils that are about to be used, and before their insanely skilled therapists whip out their golden hands! My masseur was from Indonesia and so good that I walked out of there feeling like a new person. I even added in a 30 minute reflexology session to the end of my treatment and it was utter BLISS!!
Swasana Spa is one of the best spas in KL, don’t miss a chance to spend some time revitalising your body in the capable hands of this glorious team!
Connect with Impiana KLCC
To make a reservation or for more information, visit their website (that link goes straight to the 10 rooms on the Orchid Floor for the ladies!). And be sure to LIKE them on Facebook.
© 2016, Angela Carson and ExpatAngela.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.