Early this year I noticed that one of my wheels on my luggage was locking up on me from time to time and I knew the moment had arrived to bid adieu to my trusted bag and find a fabulous new one. Hopefully one that would last longer than 2 1/2 years this time! Well, I did! And I definitely struck gold with my sexy aluminium Classic Flight by RIMOWA. It’s sleek and has a vintage aviator theme that warms my heart because I’m a private pilot (I’ve even flown an old 1928 open cockpit Travel Air bi-plane once, which is from around the time my bag was conceived!). Do watch my video (and wait for the funny moment I say ‘aluminum’ instead of ‘aluminium’ like all Americans haha) but here are a few reasons I chose the RIMOWA Classic Flight:
- The details are exception with a leather handle and wheels that glide across literally ANYTHING with just a slight fingertip push.
- It fits my tripod perfectly and everything I need for a month or more of Southeast Asia travel.
- The specialty combination lock is the new TSA lock system they can open when required without damaging the suitcase.
- The exterior is so tough it will last me YEARS and only look more awesome as time passes.
- The price to quality ratio far exceeds that of other luxury brands that seem to manufacture pieces more for vanity than durability.
Given that I live out of a suitcase for up to 3 months at a time when I’m on back-to-back hotel review trips, I do my best to choose well when it comes to my most valued non-vlogging travel tool. We’ve been on 2 trips so far and I love it beyond words! With RIMOWA and the 5 year warranty my new baby has, I know I’ve just brought home the best piece of luggage I’ve owned in my life.
RIMOWA Classic Flight
The company has been around since the early 1900s and continues to innovate with things like electronic luggage tags and other features that set them apart from the crowd, do pop into their shop the next time you pass by one, you’ll fall in love I swear.
- For more information on the sexiest aluminium suitcase around, visit the RIMOWA Classic Flight zone on their website.
- And if you’re heading out for a trip soon, be sure to check out my Southeast Asia packing video.
© 2017, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.
For more, check out the About Me page.