The journey I just took to Sri Lanka has turned out to be my favourite trip since 2016!! I spent two weeks exploring, although to be honest I think three weeks is the ideal amount of time to really experience Sri Lanka properly. I visited Kandy, Yala National Park, Weligama, Dikwella, Galle Fort, and of course flew in and out of Colombo International Airport. To get around, you can use an online car & driver booking website, local taxi company, Cinnamon Air for sea plane flights, tuk tuks, trains, and buses.
This is a guide to all things “transport” >> with additional tips & insights in the video and links to all of the companies and local drivers I used below.
Drivers & Transport I Used
- AIRPORT TRANSFERS! I used GetTransfer.com for my Colombo airport to Kandy ride and for Galle to the airport. The drivers were on time and they had the best prices from my research.
- SEA PLANE! To book a domestic flight with Cinnamon Air, visit their website. The flights are crazy good fun, and if I could have afforded it, I would have travelled all of my long transfers via sea plane.
- KANDY BUDGET TAXI! To hire my LOVELY singing taxi driver, either whatsapp them on +94 71 210 8210 – or – message Kandy Budget Taxi. They sorted out my ride on Whatsapp in 3 minutes, saving me loads of TIME and MONEY (double win!)
- YALA TAXI SERVICE! Kausun from Yala Taxi Service was my driver for both my Cape Weligama to Wild Coast (Yala National Park) and the return from Wild Coast to Meda Gedara villa near Dickwella. Kausun was on time, super safety conscious, and he even gave me a discount for booking as a return journey. I communicated both via Whatsapp on +94 77 445 3532 and Facebook messenger.
- GALLE / GALLE FORT! For a Tuk Tuk Tour or just for rides, call Ananda +94 775 499 649 (NOTE: Ananda has an analog phone so there’s no whatsapp …. just call him, his English is fantastic)
SRI LANKA SOLO TRAVEL VLOGS
- Kandy to Koggala via Cinnamon Air Sea Plane (the one with the singing taxi driver!)
- Weligama Solo Travel Tuk Tuk Tour
- Yala National Park Safari with Wild Coast Tented Lodge
- Dickwella Temple & Mahi Mahi Beach at Sunset
- Sri Lanka Train Travel & Day Trip Tips
- UNESCO Galle Fort Tuk Tuk Tour & Best Restaurants
To binge watch my entire collection of Sri Lanka vlogs (haha, my fantasy of course!), just click here ?