A real highlight from my first trip to Hanoi was the evening I spent sipping cocktails and listening to live music at Cool Cats Jazz Club in the JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi. The entrance alone will put you in the mood for the fabulous night that awaits you. Inside you’ll feel like you’re in a 1920s-style New York jazz club. There’s sultry low lighting, tons of booth seating, and the staff are dressed like flappers. Each night of the week there’s a different musical program, directed by the talented and charming Joshua Lebofsky. I was there when he was on vocals and piano accompanied by a trio that included a visiting sax player from Korea. The food is a mix of fresh seafood like lobster, crab, and oysters, along with European staples like charcuterie and fromage (yum yum!).
Reservations are required so do reach out in advance! Don’t miss the passion fruit cocktail when you’re there. I drank three and loved each one! Their signature cocktails are all named after jazz legends and come with coasters that share a few fun facts about them, it’s a nice touch.
Contact Cool Cats Jazz Club
I’d suggest one of the tables right in front of the stage if you really want to soak in the ambiance. Otherwise, if you’re planning to be gazing into the eyes of your date more so than the band, ask for a table with a view of the lake. Those are perfect for sparking romance!
- Be sure to like them on Facebook
- For More Information or Reservations: call them on +84 24 38335588 ext: 1128 or visit the Cool Cats website where you can send a message
- Location: No 8 Do Duc Duc Road, Me Tri Ward, South Tu Liem District, in JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi
© 2018, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.
My Leica VLOGGING KIT
– Leica V-Lux Camera with 4K video and 25 – 400mm zoom from YL Camera Malaysia
– Selfie moments: shot on my iPhone using a leather and gold MOMAX Selfie Pro stick
– Music: epidemicsound.com