For me, Bukit Bintang is the beating heart of Kuala Lumpur, full of energy and life like no other neighbourhood (even my own) and I love it. The Westin Kuala Lumpur sits right on Jalan Bukit Bintang and offers up everything you’d want from a luxury 5-star hotel in KLCC … and more! This was my 2nd ‘staycation’ at The Westin and this time I jammed it pack with a bit of healthy activity mixed in with a hell-of-a-lotta yummy, yummy food! And since it was a staycation, I had friends in town to enjoy it with! Come along with me and tour the wonderfully large Executive Club-level corner suite, go hog wild at dim sum with me and Kathy, and sip bubbles at The Westin’s kicky Sunday Champagne brunch with me and Ramesh!
Why You’ll Love The Westin Kuala Lumpur
- Corner Suites! Honestly, I can’t imagine staying in any other room now that I’ve stayed in 2807. The view was phenomenal but that isn’t why I loved it. It was roomy and bright and I spent more time in the living room there than in almost any other hotel in a couple of years. It’s a fantastic room! I have a friend from India who came into town this year and took the same room and absolutely loved it.
- THE FOOOOD! As you’ll see, I wayyyyy overindulged but it was such good fun, and so tasty. Don’t miss their dim sum lunch at 5 Sense, the steak at Qba, or the sausage pizza and Bubbalicious Sunday Brunch at Prego.
- Happy Hour! As for drinks, the bar on the ground floor of Qba with it’s pretty Mediterranean architecture and lovely waterfall feature in the outdoor terrace makes having happy hour something truly special. I tried a couple of drinks and loved the classic margarita most of all.
- Executive Club! It’s big, never feels overly-crowded even when the place is packed at cocktail hour, and the staff are friendly and attentive. They made a really mean cup of joe, too! You can check in and out at the Club and enjoy a much more chilled breakfast there as well.
- The Location! Bukit Bintang is such a fantastic area, with street food within 100 feet from the Gucci shop at Pavilion, I love it! There are tons of restaurants and shopping right outside your door … and some of the swankiest bars and lounges in town just a short ride away.
- New Balance Gear Lending Program! The Westin has tied up with New Balance and they’ll kit you out from head to tie (including socks and trainers!), so you can save space in your luggage and borrow gear when you arrive on day 1. They’ll even help you stay fit while you’re in KL by offering sunrise walks around Kuala Lumpur and other activities, do check it out.
Connect With The Westin
I loved my staycation at The Westin Kuala Lumpur. It’s a perfect home base for leisure travellers exploring the city and a great hotel for business travellers because of the diverse areas within the hotel and the Executive Club to hold meetings or entertain. It’s also a super popular Sunday Champagne brunch spot in KL so do book a table in advance for that 😉
- For more information or to make a reservation, visit their website.
- Be sure to LIKE them on Facebook and follow them on Instagram.
© 2017, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.