If you’re like me and a huge fan of Olaplex but are keen to find a more affordable system of protecting your hair each salon visit, then there’s something new in town for you. So when Toni&Guy Mont Kiara’s salon director Elaine (she’s my stylist) shared that two weeks ago they started offering SMARTBOND by L’Oréal Professionnel, the first alternative to Olaplex to hit the market, I decided to give it a go.
My experience >> to be honest, I am a HUGE fan of Olaplex but it has some definite benefits like it smells absolutely aromatic and salon-like, which isn’t something I ever remember about Olaplex (not that it smells bad, don’t get me wrong). Of course, I need a few weeks to pass really give a proper assessment so I’ll post again after a month 🙂
How It Works
Turns out that SMARTBOND by L’Oréal Professionnel is now big competition for Olaplex in Malaysia as the ONLY other bond strengthening system on the market. It is used almost identically as Olaplex as a 3-part system:
1. STEP 1 – ADDITIVE >> this first step is added straight into the colours, lighteners & bleaches. It starts protecting & strengthening the hair’s bond during the traditionally hair damaging technical services.
2. STEP 2 – PRE-SHAMPOO >> this step is applied directly onto the hair after rinsing out the colour or bleach but before the shampoo. This helps to ensure all chemical residues breaking weak bonds is removed from the hair.
3. STEP 3 – CONDITIONER >> this step is done at home as maintenance after every 3rd shampoo to strengthen the fibre week after week.
Cost for SMARTBOND is an additional 20% on the technical service, which compared to 30% for Olaplex is a great savings.
Contact Toni&Guy Mont Kiara
The salon is super easy to find, and Publika has lots of parking. It’s on the ground level hugging the main outside street, just beyond the long row of restaurants … with a large black and white sign out front, you can’t miss it!
- Be sure to LIKE Toni&Guy Mont Kiara’s Facebook Page and follow their Instagram for a steady stream of hair inspiration.
- For an appointment, call them on 03 6206 5832.
- For specific SMARTBOND product information visit the L’Oréal Professionnel website
© 2017, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.
For more, check out the About Me page.