I’m at my favourite salon Toni&Guy Mont Kiara to kick off 2017 in style by testing out the global phenomenon Olaplex. While it’s relatively new to Malaysia, it’s HUGE in the U.S. where Hollywood celebrities and musicians like Jennifer Lawrence, Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Lopez, and The Kardashians have turned it into THE ‘insurance’ against dry, lifeless, and damaged hair. Used mostly during colouring or highlights, it reconnects bonds in the hair and gives it a shiny and healthy sheen previously impossible to get without a spray or product.
There are currently over 1.6 million colourists around the world using Olaplex and it has been applied over 76 million times!! Check out this hunky Italian stylist applying it to a client:
Live from Italy! ??@alennmj is taking over our snapchat right NOW. ??♂️??♂️Watch his blonding technique as demonstrated in FOUR clients and of course, how he incorporates Olaplex every step of the way. The story disappears tomorrow— add Olaplex on Snapchat to watch the entire story now! ? Here Alenn is using No.2 as a Mini Treatment while the rest of the foils process. This is a great tip for anyone who wants to show the hair some extra love, without the added time. ?✔️#olaplex #minitreatment #healthyhair #blonding #hairtips
Tony&Guy’s salon director Elaine Kwan (she’s the BEST, and my stylist) swears that Olaplex will repair the previous damage to my fine, thin hair and prevent any further damage, which would be AMAZING so let’s see!
Here’s How Olaplex Works
It’s a 3 step process invented by scientists to work on a molecular level with the hair. According to the Olaplex website it, ‘seeks out broken bonds in the hair that are caused by chemical, thermal, and mechanical damage and restores compromised hair’.
- Step 1 Bond Multiplier – this is a concentrate added to the colour to rebuild broken bonds strand by strand and begins the process of preventing damage and repairing hair. The cool thing is that this can be added to any brand of colour, which in the case of Toni&Guy Mont Kiara is L’Oréal.
- Step 2 Bond Perfector – this step takes place once the colour is rinsed from the hair at the shampoo and conditioning stage. They say it is to restore any missed broken bonds and ensures the healthiest, shiniest, and strongest hair possible following a chemical or thermal treatment.
- Step 3 Hair Perfector – this last step is done at home as an ongoing regime to protect the hair.
My Experience With Olaplex
My ends feel so thick and healthy, I’m never going back to plain highlights again.
Honestly, Olaplex is amazing. My hair has more gloss than it normally does, which is crazy given the chemical process I’ve just put it through. It feels soft, bouncy, and healthy. The price is well worth it for the amazing boost in quality you’ll feel with highlights (sorry, that’s only point of reference I can give although I’m sure the full colour treatments are just as fab). Toni&Guy Mont Kiara simply adds an additional 30% to the treatment price of an individual service when Olaplex is added.
Contact Toni&Guy Mont Kiara
Toni&Guy Mont Kiara really is the best, I hope you’ll check them out (and definitely go with Elaine if your budget allows it). The salon is super easy to find, and Publika has lots of parking. It’s on the ground level hugging the main outside street, just beyond the long row of restaurants … with a large black and white sign out front, you can’t miss it!
- Be sure to LIKE their Facebook Page and follow their Instagram for a steady stream of hair inspiration.
- For an appointment, call them on 03 6206 5832.
© 2017, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.
For more, check out the About Me page.