When I first landed in Malaysia, someone recommended one of Kuala Lumpur’s infamous ‘mall salons’ to me, which seemed okay because the person who recommended it had lovely hair. Turns out though, it was not for me. There were kiddie’s toys at the front of the salon, no one offered me tea or wine or even water when I was escorted to the chair, and it was mayhem, so I stood up and left! After speaking with a few salon directors, I decided on Toni&Guy Mont Kiara, and they’ve turned out to be the best salon in Kuala Lumpur! Especially if you’re an expat and want someone who has trained in London and has worked around the world and not only knows how to treat blonde hair but who understands foreign tastes.
Elaine is the salon director at Toni&Guy Mont Kiara and is a bit more pricey than the other technicians and stylists at the salon but I adore her and wouldn’t dream of having anyone else work on my thin, fine, highlight-filled blonde head! She gets that my hair reacts to humidity in a much more severe way than Asian hair, knows that I need to hydrate my hair because of the highlights, and she suggests therapeutic treatments like Kérastase’s purifying ritual when I’ve returned from holiday and she knows I was in the sun and sea all day.
For a quick tour of the salon, CLICK HERE
Why Toni&Guy Mont Kiara Is The Best
- Highly skilled team, with up-to-date training using today’s most innovative techniques and products
- The salon is chilled and an oasis to escape to for an hour or two (or three!)
- The Kérastase luxury hair ritual ‘strengthening’ conditioning treatment is a lifesaver! See the video for details … but honestly my hair has never been so soft as it is after those treatments.
- Conveniently located in Publika (a fun spot to eat and drink, with views of KLCC, the Petronas Towers, and the gorgeous Wilayah Mosque)
- Huge selection of L’Oréal and Kérastase products
Before & After Hair
In my early 30s I started highlighting my hair but until this week I’ve never dyed it. Well, this week I decided to kill the overly-blonde look and make a change, and Elaine is the reason why because I trust her so much. She’s starting to take me back to ‘natural’ me again.
The result? Well see for yourself in the video or by the before and after photos below. May add some highlights in next week but to start Elaine suggested I get used to this change first then see if we should add highlights or lowlights 🙂
Contact Toni&Guy Mont Kiara
Toni&Guy Mont Kiara really is the best, I hope you’ll check them out. The salon is super easy to find, and Publika has lots of parking. It’s on the ground level hugging the main outside street, just beyond the long row of restaurants … with a large black and white sign out front, you can’t miss it!
- Be sure to LIKE their Facebook Page
- For an appointment, call them on 03 6206 5832.
© 2016, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.
For more, check out the About Me page.