After 10 days of reviewing shiny 5-star hotels and villas, it was a wonderful treat to end my stay in Phuket at a relaxed and chilled resort that is connected to the past in delightful ways! Thavorn Beach Resort and Spa is a traditional Thai property, complete with wonderful architecture, art, and sculptures that are trickled around the entire resort. It offers up a beachfront location that is one of the best I’ve experienced. The staff are warm and friendly and the hillside suites are charming and a perfect home away from home. I highly recommend the Thavorn and would stay there again for its calming vibe and pretty private beach.
Please note: there are newly constructed cottages that look like luxury Aussie beach houses and are super modern but I didn’t see them. So my video and review only cover the hillside suites and the main areas of the resort.
Why You’ll Love Thavorn Beach Village
- The View! From my suite I had a lovely view of the sea and trees and not much else which was very soothing. From the pool, restaurant, cafe, and bar, you’ll have the prettiest view of the sea and hillside. There are wonderful places to sit and lounge to take it all in, too!
- The Cable Car! I had so much fun riding that cable car up and down from my room whenever I stepped out. If you wait until the end of my video you’ll see a time lapse of the entire ride down the hillside 🙂
- Thai Sala! Their cafe is the only place to order an espresso or latte made with freshly ground beans, so that was my morning spot and it was lovely just to be there. It’s decorated with cute cupcakes and pastries outside and you have to walk across a little bridge to get to it. Plus they have yummy treats to tempt anyone with a sweet tooth.
- The Romance Factor! With so many Thai beds and romantic dining setups, you’ll be in heaven if you’re there with the one you love. The spa is particularly amazing for couples as well as you’ll see. The couples room I was in had a private pool, it’s fab!
- The Suites! The 1-Bedroom Hillside Ocean View Suite is huge and really nice with the dark wood and traditional Thai architecture.
My biggest complaint was the F&B and the lack of good coffee around the clock (Thai Sala didn’t open until 9 or 10am) and comprehensive in-room dining. While it’s listed as a 5-star hotel, I think if you go into it with an idea that’s more of a high 4-star then the food and beverage offering won’t be an issue.
Thavorn Beach Village, Phuket
- For more information or to make a reservation, visit Thavorn’s website. They offer really amazing freebies and add-ons to your stay if you book direct from their site so do check it out.
- Be sure to follow them on Instagram and Facebook
CLICK HERE for my other Thailand Travel Videos!
My Leica VLOGGING KIT
– Leica V-Lux Camera with 4K video and 25 – 400mm zoom from YL Camera Malaysia
– Selfie moments:shot on my iPhone using a leather and gold MOMAX Selfie Pro stick
– RODE VIDEOMIC GO lightweight on-camera microphone
– Music: epidemicsound.com
© 2018, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.