My first-ever trip to Thailand couldn’t have kicked off better than at the Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach Hotel. This gorgeous beachfront property is nestled into the most lovely bay and surrounded by authentic local life that charms the soul. There’s a feeling of expansiveness to the entire place, starting with its open architecture entrance and lobby area that use the natural landscape backdrop as its jaw-dropping wow factor. While I was there I enjoyed yummy Thai cuisine, delicious cocktails made with local rum, and one of the best spa experiences I’ve had in ages. The rooms are modern and stylish and offer up stunning views of land and sea and gave me some of my favourite Instagram moments from my trip. Come tour this amazing 5 star hotel in my latest video:
Room or Suite?
When I walked into my sea view balcony room on day one, I fell in love at first sight! It was the view that did it. That amazing, breathtaking view!!! Seriously, it had me at hello 🙂
All of the rooms at Crowne Plaza are spacious and airy and extremely welcoming. However, if you’re on the fence about whether to reserve a room or a suite, let me share my experience with you. I enjoyed both my Room on night one and the Suite I was upgraded to on night two and there are certain things about each night that I loved a bit more than the other. Whichever category you choose, just take my advice and book one with a sea view.
- It’s on a higher floor so the view was incredible (#funfact, it was my favourite ‘room view’ from my entire 10 day trip actually!!).
- Sipping Champagne at dusk and my morning coffee on the balcony was a truly relaxing experience.
- It has a normal bathtub, which I prefer for hygiene reasons (I never use the jacuzzi baths at hotels except in the spa).
Panwa Duplex Lagoon Suite
- Split level with a decadent amount of additional space, extra rooms, and 2nd washroom.
- Much higher quality pillows! Back home I use an ergonomic pillow and my neck was sore a bit from the first night’s sleep so the upgraded pillows were a real treat.
- The upstairs bedroom has a TV for tucking in to watch a movie at night and added features like a walk in closet. It felt much more homey and less like a hotel.
Pamper Body & Soul
When it comes to being pampered, the team at Crowne Plaza Phuket know what they’re doing. From the kitchens to the beachfront bar, the F&B crew are highly skilled and very friendly. What I remember best is the local Thai cuisine and the pure chilled bliss of sitting at the beachfront bar at sunset for cocktails (sadly I lost my video footage of the beach bar but it’s very pretty and a great place to tuck into for hours of food and drinks).
The spa takes pampering to new heights as well. It uses natural light in a very clever way in the rooms, and the entire facility is designed to combine the elements of stone, wood, air, and water. The combination is quite soothing and the therapist I had was world-class (from Indonesia and highly skilled). They’ll treat you like royalty and make you never want to leave.
My biggest regret from my stay is that I didn’t book a second spa session! That spa is something truly special as you’ll see in the video.
Connect With Crowne Plaza Phuket Panwa Beach
- For more information or to book your room or suite, visit their website
- Be sure to follow them on Instagram and Facebook to stay updated on the latest promotions
© 2017, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.
For more, check out the About Me page.