For me, Strawberry Park Resort was the most fun to drive into out of all the hotels I stayed at in Cameron Highlands because of its special location inside the famous Mossy Forest. The few kilometres of winding roads lead you to a hilltop where the hotel is perched, with lovely views of either a valley, deeper inside the Mossy Forest, or its neighbouring hilltops. I really enjoyed my stay at Strawberry Park because of the pretty views, in fact it was my favourite balcony and/or view from my 11-day trip.
Please note: knowing that this was one of Cameron Highlands’ original luxury properties, my expectations were very high. However, I believe it has been years since the property has resembled its original glory and the service standards and food are at a high 3-star or ‘non-luxury’ 4-star. Once I wrapped my head around that, I decided to enjoy the property for its location and the view … and I was very happy.
Why You’ll Love Strawberry Park Resort
- The View! Honestly, I spent ages on my balcony and it remains my favourite view out of the 5 hotels I reviewed there. Be sure to spend some time in the deck chairs above the spa and order up a bottle of wine or some tea there to watch the sunset (or just for fun mid-afternoon). It’s absolutely beautiful.
- Hotel-Run Tours! While I didn’t try any of them, I love that they run their own tours. Every time I’ve compared hotel run tours to outsourced tours there is no comparison. A hotel will care infinitely more that all goes well for you than a 3rd party tour company.
- Gated Parking! I wasn’t worried about my Subaru I had along on my awesome road trip but I spoke to another guest with a Mercedes who had mentioned they chose Strawberry Park because of their secure parking.
- High Tea! Ask them to setup high tea on the balcony where I enjoyed mine, it’s wonderful there! They do a mix of local treats and traditional afternoon tea delights and it’s is completely naughty and very yummy.
- The Spa! It’s a very simple and unpretentious spa inside but the facial menu alone will knock your socks off, with one treatment that is 3 hours long and looked divine! I tried the reflexology and had a facial and they were both excellent.
- BBQ & Smoker! The quality of the meat was amazing but I’m never a fan of smothering beautiful steak with sauce as you’ll see in the video and pics from my dinner. BUT, had I eaten there the next day I would have ordered the same juicy steak but with only basic seasoning and NO sauce. Do try it that way, I bet it’s insanely delicious.
Connect With Strawberry Park Cameron Highlands
- For more information or to make a reservation, visit their website
- Be sure to follow them on Facebook
My Other Cameron Highlands Videos
- Road Trip >> what to see on the drive up to Cameron Highlands
- Cameron Highlands night market
- Cameron Highlands Resort
- Smokehouse Hotel
© 2017, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.
For more, check out the About Me page.