For me, Strawberry Park Resort was the most fun to drive into out of all the hotels I stayed at in Cameron Highlands because of its special location inside the famous Mossy Forest. The few kilometres of winding roads lead you to a hilltop where the hotel is perched, with lovely views of either a valley, deeper inside the Mossy Forest, or its neighbouring hilltops. I really enjoyed my stay at Strawberry Park because of the pretty views, in fact it was my favourite balcony and/or view from my 11-day trip.
Please note: knowing that this was one of Cameron Highlands’ original luxury properties, my expectations were very high. However, I believe it has been years since the property has resembled its original glory and the service standards and food are at a high 3-star or ‘non-luxury’ 4-star. Once I wrapped my head around that, I decided to enjoy the property for its location and the view … and I was very happy.
Why You’ll Love Strawberry Park Resort
- The View! Honestly, I spent ages on my balcony and it remains my favourite view out of the 5 hotels I reviewed there. Be sure to spend some time in the deck chairs above the spa and order up a bottle of wine or some tea there to watch the sunset (or just for fun mid-afternoon). It’s absolutely beautiful.
- Hotel-Run Tours! While I didn’t try any of them, I love that they run their own tours. Every time I’ve compared hotel run tours to outsourced tours there is no comparison. A hotel will care infinitely more that all goes well for you than a 3rd party tour company.
- Gated Parking! I wasn’t worried about my Subaru I had along on my awesome road trip but I spoke to another guest with a Mercedes who had mentioned they chose Strawberry Park because of their secure parking.
- High Tea! Ask them to setup high tea on the balcony where I enjoyed mine, it’s wonderful there! They do a mix of local treats and traditional afternoon tea delights and it’s is completely naughty and very yummy.
- The Spa! It’s a very simple and unpretentious spa inside but the facial menu alone will knock your socks off, with one treatment that is 3 hours long and looked divine! I tried the reflexology and had a facial and they were both excellent.
- BBQ & Smoker! The quality of the meat was amazing but I’m never a fan of smothering beautiful steak with sauce as you’ll see in the video and pics from my dinner. BUT, had I eaten there the next day I would have ordered the same juicy steak but with only basic seasoning and NO sauce. Do try it that way, I bet it’s insanely delicious.
Connect With Strawberry Park Cameron Highlands
- For more information or to make a reservation, visit their website
- Be sure to follow them on Facebook
My Other Cameron Highlands Videos
- Road Trip >> what to see on the drive up to Cameron Highlands
- Cameron Highlands night market
- Cameron Highlands Resort
- Smokehouse Hotel
© 2017, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.
For more, check out the About Me page.
Latest posts by Angela Carson (see all)
- Hanoi | Cool Cats Jazz Club for Cocktails & Live Music - 18/02/2018
- Damage Check In | TONI&GUY Kuala Lumpur at Troika 2nd Appointment - 06/02/2018
- HOME Hanoi Restaurant | Best Meal of My Trip! - 04/02/2018