There are only a handful of fine dining experiences of note in Penang and Farquhar Mansion is one that should be on your list. Elegantly sat within a pretty heritage building and nestled in downtown Georgetown, Farquhar Mansion is rich in history and home to a fabulously large walk-in, climate-controlled wine cellar (and with a knowledgeable team I saw as highly capable to advise on wine selection). The interior design makes you feel as though you’ve stepped back in time, making it perfect for either a special occasion or a relaxing escape from exploring Penang. In fact, the night I was there Disney princess songs piped through the restaurant and it filled with couples on romantic dates … it was very sweet.
The restaurant offers a 5-Course Chef Tasting Menu (ranging from RM 148 – 228 for what I enjoyed with the Black Angus beef). I also added on wine pairing but I don’t remember the cost of that to be honest.
It’s the very first restaurant review in years where I wasn’t permitted to meet the chef or invited into the kitchen and I admit that bothered me. More so when the foie didn’t hit the mark for me and I couldn’t speak with the kitchen directly. I ended up giving it a pass.
Connect with Farquhar Mansion
- Be sure to follow them on Facebook for menu and special event updates
- For more information, tons of pics, or to make an online reservation visit their website
© 2017, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.
For more, check out the About Me page.
Latest posts by Angela Carson (see all)
- Hanoi | Cool Cats Jazz Club for Cocktails & Live Music - 18/02/2018
- Damage Check In | TONI&GUY Kuala Lumpur at Troika 2nd Appointment - 06/02/2018
- HOME Hanoi Restaurant | Best Meal of My Trip! - 04/02/2018