Taking a road trip to Cameron Highlands is a definite must on anyone’s Malaysia travel itinerary … and it’s a regular past time for locals who live within a half day of these treasured hill stations! There is a ton to do for couples looking for romance, families wanting to spend some quality time together, and for the adventuring or foodie solo traveller. And while there are only five luxury hotels in the whole of Cameron Highlands, there are dozens of affordable budget hotels, ranging from boutique to quite expansive properties. After much research I’m happy to share the two best cheap hotel suites on a budget in Cameron Highlands: Copthorne Cameron Highlands and Hotel De’ La Ferns.
PRO TIP!! I toured the standard rooms at both properties and definitely recommend booking the suites. In both cases the suites were better equipped and added a feeling of ‘affordable luxury’ to the stay because the size of the suites are on par with that of a 5 star hotel.
Why You’ll Love Copthorne Cameron Highlands
- Best View in Cameron Highlands! The location of my suite offered up my favourite view from 11 days around Cameron Highlands.
- Family Friendly! There is tons for kids to do at the hotel, making it a perfect basecamp for families.
- Good Coffee! This may sound odd but less than half of the hotels I reviewed in Cameron Highlands had decent coffee. Copthorne has a lovely café with lots of pastries and yummy bites to eat.
- Modern Suites! Honestly, the suite reminded me a bit of a luxury 5-star brand I’ve reviewed in KL (although slightly less quality furnishings and less art in the room but still, I loved it). The suites are large and recently renovated to look cool and minimalist.
Why You’ll Love Hotel De’ La Ferns
- Halal Dining! The restaurant is halal and there isn’t a drop of alcohol on the entire property (which for me is a negative in a hotel but I know from my Muslim mates that this is a bonus). I was really impressed with the meals I ate there that are served in a simple and family style manner and absolutely delicious.
- Big Family Rooms! The corner suites and the large penthouse rooms are perfect for families because there’s lots of space to spread out.
- Warm at Night! This may sound silly but my 2 nights there were my warmest. I froze my buns off the rest of my stay because rooms are not climatised and it is cold at night in Cameron Highlands.
For more information or to make a reservation, visit their website. Their Facebook page is quite fun, full of sweet photos of honeymooners, couples enjoying a romantic candlelight dinner, and more so do follow along.
© 2017, Angela Carson and LuxuryBucketList.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.
For more, check out the About Me page.