Welcome to Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei … a property that welcomes guests from near and far to enjoy the decadence of being pampered in luxurious style right in the heart of the city. Acclaimed as a best luxury hotel in Taipei, the Shangri-La towers 43 stories above the city’s bustling business and upscale (fabulously chic) fashion district, making it a perfect 5 star hotel destination for both leisure and business travellers.
The shiny, modern high-rise that’s home to Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei boasts 420 exquisitely appointed guest rooms and suites that are sure to charm you with their historical Song dynasty décor. The 53 suites are luxuriously comfortable with 72 sqm, 136 sqm or 226 sqm, all with expansive views of Taipei.
The views of Taipei 101 are awesome and you’ll love the convenient location of this hotel!
- Part of the Taipei Metro Complex on the fashionable Tun Hwa South Road
- 10 minutes from the Taipei World Trade Convention and Exhibition Centre
- 15 minutes from Taipei Songshan Airport
- 45 minutes from Taoyuan International Airport
Food & Drinks
The culinary offering of the hotel is presided over by Head Chef Tai Chung-Lin who has been delighting guests at Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel, Taipei, since its opening in 1994.
Chef Tai Chung-Lin and his team are there each day between the 9 restaurants, bars and the bakery serving up award-winning cuisine and cocktails:
- The Cake Room >> boulangerie and patisserie
- Marco Polo Lounge (with views of Taipei 101) >> cocktails, snacks and afternoon tea
- Lobby Court >> drinks and afternoon tea
- Li Bai >> snacks, drinks and afternoon tea
- Shang Palace (private dining rooms available) >> Cantonese
- Café at Far Eastern >> Asian & Western
- ibuki by Takagi Kazuo (private dining rooms available) >> Japanese
- Marco Polo Restaurant (private dining rooms available) >> Italian
- Shanghai Pavilion (private dining rooms available) >> Shanghainese
Health & Wellness
You’ll be amazed how many hours in the day you’ll spend between Qi Shiseido Salon and Spa and the wonderful health club at Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel in Taipei. The spa is located on the 40th floor, with a HUGE spa menu and treatment rooms that have a birds-eye view of the lovely Taipei skyline. Their state-of-the-art health club has something for everyone, including fun and challenging classes ranging from yoga, Tai Chi, spinning, advanced muscle relief, and straight up physical fitness classes.
- Spa has six private rooms
- Fully equipped Health Club with professional instructors on-site who are available all day at the gym
- 2 outdoor swimming pools, including a year round heated rooftop pool
- Aerobics, sauna, steam bath, Jacuzzis and massage service
I love Taipei and would find it hard to stay anywhere with limited dining options or lacking a view of the iconic Taipei 101. The Shangri-La hotel brand never disappoints and an evening spent at the Marco Polo Lounge will certainly be a memory you carry with you long after you’ve departed.
© 2015, Angela Carson and AngelasAsia.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.
For more, check out the About Me page.